Wednesday, June 23, 2010

quiz





After walking around Frankfurt for a couple of hours today I have put together a quick quiz for you all (it's a trick...I'm actually just using it to give you some information about this city).

1. True or false: It is not ok to take your big hairy dogs into airports or shoe shops?
2. True or false: Germans really do eat gelati a lot (not just Italians).
3. You cannot buy beer from:
(a) bars.
(b) supermarkets.
(c) newspaper stands.
(d) you can buy beer from all of the above.
4. True or false: you can buy cuckoo clocks in department stores?
5. True or false: the hostel I'm staying at is in the redlight district.
6. Esprit and other stores sort their clothing in:
(a) sizes
(b) seasonally
(c) in colours
(d) sort?!
7. True or false: there is a Lego store where you can go and create your own Lego men/women.
8. True or false: not many ppl here care about the soccer.

Ok that's enough. If you answered false, true, (d), true, true, (c), true, false then you know your frankfurtians. I saw dogs in the airport and a sports store today.

Everywhere I went I saw people eating gelato. You can buy beer from the newspaper stand down the road. Side note- going to supermarkets overseas is one of my favourite things to do. Here the sausage section of the deli was larger, lots of delicious looking jams and breads, a beer aisle, and some "pirate sauce" in one section. I almost bought it, but managed to resist.

You can buy cuckoo clocks here! These took my fancy. I think it's worth the €250 investment. I hope Mitch likes them.

Unfortunately my hostel is in the redlight district. I'm glad I'm sleeping here though and not round the corner at the "sex inn".

Question 6. Also true. It seems the Germans have a thing about ordering clothes by colour.

More awesomely the Lego store let's you make Lego men. The bucket of tiny Lego heads was calling out to me, obviously I had to make one. You're creativity knows no end (except that you're limited to a hat/hair piece, head, torso, legs and one accessory of choice...) I made a Lego Mitch. accesorised with a Lego croissant. Not because he likes croissants, but because it was a Lego croissant. Awesome.

Lastly everyone here cares about the football (soccer). Painted flags on faces, flags on bikes, soccer balls everywhere, and
people even wearing red, black and yellow fake flower chains. Crazy!

After walking around for a couple of hours i made my way back to the hostel for my salad lunch which I'd put together in the supermarket (passed on the sourkrout). I'm determined not to get fat travelling this time but it's hard when there are lots of pastry stores, gelati stores and chocolate shops.

Now I'm going to read a novel and follow the news of Mr Rudds impeding downfall. You turn your back on your country for a second then there's a political upheavel! Incredible.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment